OLIANT BULGARIA is looking for Data Engineers, from Junior to Senior/Senior Advanced. As a Data Engineer you will be in charge of building Data Pipelines in different technologies, ensuring the integrity and availability of correct data, also designing the process that will make the data flow from the beginning to the end.
Your knowledge may vary depending on the tools, frameworks and languages that you used, but you need to have experience in the following areas:
- Good understanding of SQL and principles of database design.
- Good understanding of no-SQL, unstructured data, and at least some basic principles of document-based design.
- Good understanding of ETL, EL and ELT and the use cases to choose them.
- Good understanding of any of the technologies widely used in the market such as DBT or similar.
- Good understanding of Orchestration, Workflows and Jobs.
- Basic understanding of data related patterns such as Pseudonymization, PII, data cleansing, optimization, etc.
- Good understanding of data warehouses and design principles
What you you do:
- Design, construct, install, and maintain data pipelines.
- Develop, manage and maintain ETL processes to source and load both internal and external data, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Utilize SQL, aggregation and Python to build scalable and efficient data pipelines.
- Implement and execute data transformations, validating results in the data warehouse model
- Set up, orchestrate and monitor data workflows
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to provide data support and integration for analytics and machine learning efforts.
- Ensure optimal performance of the destination repositories (databases) and be able to evaluate and respond to potential issues.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- An average of 2 to 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer or heavy back end development including data warehouses.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python/C#/Java, ETL processes, and data warehousing solutions.
- Hands-on experience with dbt and orchestration tools such as Airflow or similar.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
Nice to have:
- Deep knowledge of any of the most popular platforms, such as Airflow, DataBricks, Spark
- Knowledge of statistics, machine learning, Bayesian computing, natural language processing
- Deep knowledge of Big Data and Data Warehouse modelling
What We Offer:
- Sign-on Bonus
- Full time employment in Bulgaria and all the most common benefits in the IT industry
- 25 days leave
- Opportunity to work for top-notch projects in the US and Europe
- Hybrid environment that can be fully remote
- Support for continuous learning and paid certifications
- Career path with Oliant